Monumental boost for Man United as Real Madrid pull out of blockbuster deal

By
Updated: June 19, 2016

Real Madrid have told Manchester United they will not pursue a deal for star goalkeeper David De Gea this summer, according to the Daily Express.

The Spaniard was a high profile transfer target in the Spanish capital last year, seeing a blockbuster move to the Santiago Bernabeu fall at the final hurdle due to technical issues.

With Jose Mourinho now firmly installed as the club’s new manager at Old Trafford, it was unclear whether Los Blancos would make another move for the 25-year old custodian.

Despite penning a new deal with the Red Devils in the wake of the failed move, the nature of his form is believed to have kept the interest of those behind the scenes in Madrid.

However, the Champions League winners are said to have opted against making another move for the former Atletico Madrid man following the continued good form of Keylor Navas.

Manager Zinedine Zidane is not believed to view the signing of the La Roja star as a priority to his plans.